Sunday, August 5, 2012

New Pets - Yay!



These are our new pets. I just got the email that they are being reserved for us. I'll order the big cage they need to live happily, and we'll pick them up in the next few weeks.

Also I got confirmation that Phoebe is being reserved for me!! Soon my new pet will come home and become my very good friend. I'll keep you posted as to our progress together.

My older daughter has taken to calling me the Mad Ratter because I have been talking nonstop about rats for the last few weeks to anyone who will listen. That tends to be the way my obsessional brain incorporates a new interest. It's calmed down now that I'm busier, and now that the decisions are mostly made.

I have some great ideas for a new series of children's stories featuring pets. I have long admired the Henry and Mudge books by Cynthia Rylant. While I realize that I am no CR, still I'd like to try my hand at churning out some tales. Writing for children is very challenging because of the need to create poetry, story, and meaning while staying at the appropriate level for vocabulary and sentence construction.

No comments: